For more historical photos, see the Golf Tournament Page and the Scholarship Page.
Meeting minutes for 2005
- Toys-for-Tots Participation 2005
- Under the leadership of Marines Pat Starliper, Don Downer, Bill Pastino, and Frank "Kip" Kippenbrock, the detachment collected 36 large bags of toys which were delivered to the 4th Combat Engineer Battalion. Outstanding work guys!
230th Birthday Cake Cutting Ceremony 2005
- On November 12, 2005, a ceremony was held to honor the 230th birthday of the Corps.
Ellicott Mills Brewing Company Marine Corps Birthday Celebration
- On November 10, 2005, Bill Pastino and the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company in Historic Ellicott City helped raise $427 for the scholarship fund by serving free house beer with a donation to the Marine Corps League.
Department of Pennsylvania Marine Corps League Rifle Match 2005
On September 23-25, 2005, the detachment participated in the Marine Corps League Rifle Match in Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania.
Hot Dog Sale Fundraiser
- Joe Roman led this fundraiser on September 17, 2005 which netted $411, all of which was donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and Rita. He led another effort on October 15, 2005, earning $169, all of the money being donated to the scholarship fund.
First Annual Detachment Golf Tournament
On August 12, 2005, the detachment held its first golf tournament at the Fort Meade Golf Course. Chuck Casey and Frank "Kip" Kippenbrock organized this event which brought 93 players and raised over $7000. Of that, $3000 was used to help Marines in need while $1000 went to the scholarship fund.
- 8th & I Night
- On Friday, July 22, 2005, Gunnery Sergeant Chuck
Casey invited us all to watch the President's Own and the Silent Drill
Team in action at the 8th & I Marine Barracks Evening
Parade. Thirteen detachment members and guests attended. All witnessed and excellent performance.
Department of Pennsylvania Marine Corps League Pistol Match 2005
On June 4-6, 2005, the detachment participated in the Marine Corps League Pistol Match in Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania. While the WW2 barracks weren't exactly the Ritz or the Hilton, the cameraderie and "esprit de corps" more than made up for it.
- Department Marine of the Year 2004
- On May 7, 2005, our own Mike Blum was selected Department Marine of the Year at the state convention for is hard work and dedication to the Marine Corps League. Great job Mike, you deserve it!
- Hot Dog Sale Fundraisers
- Once again, Wal Mart at 3200 North Ridge Road in Ellicott City permitted us to sell hot dogs to help raise money for the detachment. Chuck Casey led this effort and helped the detachment raise approximately 750 dollars on April 16 and May 21, 2005. In addition to hot dogs, raffle tickets donated by Don Downer were sold for box seats at an Orioles game. The Auxiliary sold keychains that play the Marines Hymm, bracelets, and magnets to show support to the troops. Money earned by the auxiliary went to support Marines and their families.
- Detachment Marine of the Year 2004
- Pat Starliper was named the Detachment "Marine of the Year" for his hard work and committment to excellence. This award was presented in 2005 for accomplishments in 2004.
- Department Marine of the Year Nominee 2004
- Frank "Kip" Kippenbrock's outstanding performance and unparalleled leadership earned him the title of 2004 Department "Marine of the Year Nominee." This award was presented in 2005 for performance in 2004. See photo above.