For more historical photos, see the Golf Tournament Page and the Scholarship Page.
- Toys-for-Tots Participation 2002
- On December 19, 2002, the Detachment assisted the
Marine Reserve with the Toys-for-Tots program. It brought out the child
in all of us.
- Birthday Cake Cutting Ceremony
- On November 10, 2002, the Detachment hosted a
birthday cake cutting ceremony for the Corps' 227th birthday.
- Marine Corps Birthday Ball 2002
- On November 9, 2002, the Detachment joined up with
the Fort Meade Marines to celebrate our 227th birthday.
- On October 21, 2002, the Detachment adopted the
section of Route 108 between Barrington Court and Old Montogomery Road.
This is part of the Stop Waste And Trash (SWAT) program in Howard
County. Don't even think of littering in our turf!
- Department of Pennsylvania
Marine Corps League Rifle Match 2002
- Members from the detachment shot in the rifle match
on September 27-29, 2002. The team placed 11th out of 45
- Parris Island Visit 2002
- Hmmmmm! Let me see if I got this straight? A group
of members from the Department went back to Parris Island?
Voluntarily? And paid
for this privilege? Yup! From September 11th through the 14th, 2002 a
group of closet sadists had a homecoming courtesy of the Marines at
MCRD Parris Island. They reported that a good time was had by all.
- 8th & I Night
- On Friday, July 26, 2002 a few members of the
Detachment attended the Evening Parade at the Marine Barracks, 8th
& I streets. Also in attendance was the Secretary of Defense, the
Honorable Mr. Rumsfeld, however he did not stop and talk to us. The ceremony was awe-inspiring to say the least! If you ever get a
chance to attend...DO SO!.
- Essay Contest 2002
- June 25, 2002: The Detachment presented Certificates
of Honor to the winners of the "Patriotic Writing" contest held in
cooperation with Waterloo Elementary school. The winners were:
- 1st Grade: Mariah Racasa
- 2nd Grade: Courney Masterson
- 3rd Grade: Garrett Brooks
- 4th Grade: Devika Jaipuriar (Overall
- 5th Grade: Dana Robinson
- Department of Maryland
- May 9-11, 2002: The Department of Maryland sponsored
Marine Corps League Convention was held in Ocean City, Maryland.
- Detachment Raffle
- April 23, 2002: The detachment held it's raffle
drawing. The raffle cleared 1500 dollars after awarding the prizes
- 500 dollars for first prize
- 200 dollars for second prize
- 100 dollars for third prize